Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Work has begun to update and expand the John Rixey Moore Playground in Rose Hill Park.
The work will involve:
- Removal of the existing playset
- Installation of a new playset designed for children between the ages of 5 and 12 years of age
- Relocation of two existing horse spring riders
- Installation of two new pieces of equipment for children between the ages of 2 and 5 years of age
- Removal of three existing diggers
- Installation of three new diggers
- Installation of new swing hardware and swings (two of the four designed for younger patrons)
- Expanding the fall zone to accommodate new and relocated equipment
To ensure the public’s safety, the playground area will be closed until further notice.
The playground should be reopened in February; however, some work, such as painting existing equipment will likely not be completed until the spring.
Please watch for updates on this important project.