Brush and Leaf Collection
Yard Waste Collection
The Town collects yard waste each Monday, weather permitting. Loose yard waste must be contained in paper yard waste bags and may not exceed fifty pounds in weight. Brush must be tied into compact bundles that can be handled by one collector. No such bundle shall exceed four (4) feet in length, twelve (12) inches in diameter and fifty (50) pounds in weight. No single collection may exceed one hundred pounds of waste. Do not block sidewalks or storm drains. Neither the Town nor its contractors will collect grass clippings or ashes. Yard waste must be placed out for collection no earlier than the Saturday prior to the collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
Fall Leaf Collection
Public Works uses a vacuum leaf collection machine each fall to pick up leaves. Leaves that have been raked to the curb or property line will be collected. Each neighborhood will receive a minimum of three collections during this time period.
The schedule for Fall leaf collection will be published on the home page each year under News Flash. You do not need to call the Town Office to schedule this service. We encourage you to take advantage of this service.
Please take note of the following:
- Leaves must be raked to the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled collection.
- Leaves should be raked into a pile at the curb. If no curb exists, leaves may be piled at the property line facing the street.
- Do not pile leaves in or near storm drains or water meter covers.
- Remove stones, litter, branches and other debris from the pile because these may damage the leaf vacuum.
- Please do not park on the street in front of the collected leaves from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during your collection week until collection is finished.
If you wish, you can also bag your leaves in paper yard waste bags and place out for yard waste collection each Monday no earlier than the Saturday prior to the collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day. Burning of leaves is not permitted unless a burn permit is obtained from the Berryville Police Department.